Herbert Morris Humanities Seminar Room | Royce 306
|I. BOOKING AND RATE|
|1. The rental rate for the room is $250 per day or any portion thereof.|
|2. Cancellation Fee Schedule
- 31 or more days prior to rental date, no charge
- 15 to 30 days prior to rental date, 25% rental cost
- 8 to 14 days prior to rental date, 50% rental cost
- 7 days or less prior to rental date, 100% rental cost
|3. Who can use the Herbert Morris Humanities Seminar Room?
- Departments and centers in the Humanities Division of the UCLA College of Letters and Science have priority in reserving the Morris Humanities Seminar Room (Royce 306). Reservations can be made no more than three years in advance.
- Non-Humanities UCLA departments/centers may use the room if it is available, but may not make a reservation more than six months before the date of the event.
- UCLA student groups or organizations may not rent the room. Reservations for student events must be made by an academic department which assumes responsibility for the rental cost as well as for any damages resulting from the event.
- Non-UCLA groups or organizations may not rent the room.
|4. To find out the dates when Royce 306 is available, write to RoyceConfRooms@humnet.ucla.edu and provide the following information:
- Date and time requested
- Department name
- Phone number or email address where you can be reached
|5. If the room is available, complete the Reservation Form and send it to RoyceConfRooms@humnet.ucla.edu. The reservation is not considered confirmed until we have received a completed and signed room reservation form.|
|6. Tentative holds on the room will be released 30 days before the date being held if the reservation has not been confirmed. A courtesy email will be sent to the person who requested the hold notifying them of the room's release.|
|7. EOL Registration is required! All events taking place in Royce 306 must be entered into the Events On Line (EOL) system. If you have not yet been designated an Organizer in EOL, please call the System Administrator at x63274 or x58989.|
|1. Royce 306 is a large seminar room with a maximum capacity of 50. It has an adjacent loggia which is accessible only through the seminar room itself. The approximate size of the room is 21' x 56' and the approximate area of the loggia is 18' x 56'.
|2. The room is equipped with two large, wood conference tables, each approximately 4' x 11'. The tables are heavy, but have lockable casters that allow two people to move them about the room. The balcony has six folding lightweight tables: three tables are eight-feet long, one table is six-feet long, and two tables are five-feet long.|
|3. The room has forty-seven chairs that may be rearranged within the room as required. Additionally, there are twelve stacking chairs.
|4. AV documentation is here. AV support is not available for events but a demonstration of the system can be scheduled in advance of the event through Humtech support. There are two large monitors on moveable carts with a computer, microphones, speakers, and camera. Documentation support for the AV is being made and will be posted here when available. There is Wi-Fi connectivity and ethernet wall jacks are also available.|
|5. Use the curtain pull-cords to the side of the curtains to open or close them. Do not directly pull or tug the curtains!|
|6. Third floor restrooms are located in room 321A (Men's Room) and room 351 (Women's Room).|
|1. Key Pick-up & Return
- The Humanities Conference Rooms are not unlocked/locked by Facilities. No one will unlock/lock the rooms for you on the day of your event. If catering or equipment are being delivered for your event, you must meet the delivery people to unlock the room and let them in. At the end of the event, the room's renter is responsible for ensuring that the room is locked.
- Key pick up hours are Monday – Friday, 11 am – 2 pm. If unable to pick up keys from Royce 302 at these times, email RoyceConfRooms@humnet.ucla.edu at least 1 week in advance to schedule an appointment.
- Keys for Royce 306 should best be picked up from Royce 302 at least one day before your event.
|2. Please make an appointment before your event for a walk-through of the room and adjacent balcony. Write to RoyceConfRooms@humnet.ucla.edu for an appointment.|
|3. Staffing an event is the sole responsibility of the reserving group. You are responsible for unlocking the room for any deliveries or vendors. You are responsible for supervising the set-up before, and clean-up after the event. You must always be present during the entire event.|
|4. At the end of your event, pick up all trash, shut down all equipment and return it to proper storage. Turn off all lights and lock the door behind you. Please leave the room in a condition that you would like to find it in: tidy and ready to set up for your event.|
|5. Lock the room! It is the responsibility of the room's users to lock the doors at the end of the event. You must stay with the room until all delivered items have been picked up by the vendor unless other arrangements have been made in advance.. Please arrange to return the room key to Royce 302 The room key must be returned by 10:00 a.m. the next business day.|
|6. Royce Hall closes nightly at 7:00 pm and weekend access is limited. The reserving department is responsible for obtaining access to the building for weekend and after-hour events. For weekend events, on-line FSRs at http://www.fsr.admin.ucla.edu/ must be submitted to Facilities by Thursday at noon to ensure access to Royce Hall.|
|7. Any damage (e.g., stains on the carpet or the upholstered chairs) will be noted and the reserving department may be responsible for paying the additional cleaning fee. The UCLA Department renting the room may also be liable for the repair cost for damages to any university property, equipment, or facilities for which it is responsible. Signs cannot be posted on walls in Royce Hall, including rooms, halls, and stairs -- please use easels to post your notices. The renter will not make any alterations or additions to the premises.|
|8. Extra amenities such as chairs, tables, extension cords, microphones, and trash cans can be ordered from Facilities or AVS, or an outside vendor. Portable heaters cannot be used on the Royce Hall loggia.|
|9. Use of the Royce Hall loading dock is not allowed. Use the north door to Royce (opposite Rolfe Hall) for all deliveries.|
- For problems with the building or systems (e.g., bathrooms, elevators, lights, air-conditioning, etc.) contact the Facilities Management Trouble Call Desk at 310-825-9236 or 310-825-1423.
- Air conditioning, heating, and fans are controlled automatically. There are no manual controls in the room. From 8 am - 3 pm call 310-825-7454; after 3 pm call 310-825-3360, or call the Trouble Desk number above.
- The wheelchair lift works with the key turned to the ‘on’ position. Ensure the lift door is completely shut. Do not use the wheelchair lift for freight. The reserving department is responsible for the proper use of the lift.
- Lights on the loggia are controlled by a timer and will turn on automatically.
|11. The reserving department is responsible for lost and found items.|
|12. Smoking is prohibited in the Morris Humanities Seminar Room, the adjacent loggia, all of Royce Hall, and anywhere on the entire UCLA campus|
|13. No food or drink is allowed in the room. All food and beverage service and its consumption MUST remain on the outside loggia.|
|14. No amplified musical performances are allowed. Also not allowed are candles or glitter.|
|15. For parking, if you anticipate that there will be fifty or more attendees at your event, contact Campus Parking at 310-825-1286 at least four weeks before your event.|
|16. There may be concurrent events in the Royce Hall Auditorium. It is recommended you contact the UCLA Events Office at ext. 58989 or search the Happenings Events Calendar at www.happenings.ucla.edu before booking your reservation to ensure other events will not have an adverse effect on your event. The Morris Humanities Seminar Room is adjacent to the auditorium, and performances can occassionally be heard from inside the Morris Humanities Seminar Room depending on the nature of the performance. The auditorium schedule, particularly rehearsal schedules, tends to change at the last minute. This is a fact of life in Royce Hall. If you feel potential last-minute auditorium performances or rehearsals will be a problem, it is suggested you rent a microphone from AVS to ensure your speakers can be heard in the Morris Humanities Seminar Room.|