A JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE STUDIES
Comitatus, published annually by the UCLA Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, publishes articles by graduate students and recent PhDs working in any field of medieval or Renaissance studies.
Beginning with volume 33 (2002) Comitatus is available through the Project MUSE online catalogue.
Volumes 1–32 are available through the California Digital Library.
Purchase a volume or pay outstanding invoices online at https://commerce.cashnet.com/comitatus.
Subscriptions to Comitatus are $30 annually, plus $3.00 domestic surface mail postage and $22.00 international.
Direct your questions about submissions or subscriptions to Dr. Heather Sottong, Publications Manager:
310-825-1537 | email@example.com
Volume 49 (2018)
Editor: Alexandra Verini (English, UCLA)
Editorial Board: Patrick Bonczyk (Musicology, UCLA); Katherine Bonnici (English, UCLA); Kersti Francis (English, UCLA); Campbell Garland (Art History, UCLA); Andrew Hiltzik (Italian, UCLA); Robert Iafolla (History, UCLA); Anne Le (French, UCLA); Patrick Morgan (History, UCLA).
Managing Editor: Blair Sullivan (Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, UCLA)
Assistant Editor: Heather Sottong (Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, UCLA)
- Table of Contents:
- Burying a Saintly King and his Dynasty: Memory and Representation in Twelfth- and Thirteenth-Century Castile, RICHARD P. IBARRA
- The Treacherous Oath of the Erembalds: A New Look into the Ties of the Group of Count Charles the Good’s Murderers, BART PETERS
- The Road to Antioch: Wace’s Vie de sainte Marguerite on Crusade, CRISTINA POLITANO
- “Etaynez þat hym anelede of þe heȝe felle”: Ghosts of Giants in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, DUSTIN GEERAERT
- Femmina masculo e masculo femmina: Androgynous Beauty and Ambiguous Sexualities in the Italian Renaissance, ELEANOR WEBB
- Intentional Irrationality: The Sacro Bosco at Bomarzo, JESSIE FONTANA-MAISEL
- From “Art of Memory” to Naturalism: Andrea Alciato and the Development of the Early Modern Emblem, RACHEL MASTERS CARLISLE
- Embedded Collections: The Cappella dei Principi and its Forerunners, LINDSAY ALBERTS
- Book Reviews