A JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE STUDIES
Comitatus, published annually by the UCLA CMRS Center for Early Global Studies, publishes articles by graduate students and recent PhDs working in any field of medieval or Renaissance studies.
Comitatus is available through the Project MUSE online catalogue, beginning with Volume 33 (2002).
Volumes 1–32 are available through the California Digital Library.
Please direct your questions about submissions or subscriptions to Dr. Allison McCann, Publications Manager:
Click here for manuscript submission guidelines.
Volume 53 (2022)
Editor: Misho Ishikawa (English, UCLA)
Editorial Board: Sarah Bischoff (English, UCLA), Franka Horvat (Art History, UCLA), Laura Hutchingame (Art History, UCLA), Robin Kello (English, UCLA), Jodie Miller (European Languages and Transcultural Studies, UCLA), Patrick Morgan (History, UCLA)
Managing Editor: Allison McCann (CMRS-CEGS, UCLA)
Table of Contents:
- Bobbio after Columbanus: Jonas of Bobbio’s Hagiography and the Conflict over Spiritual Authority
William V. Weis III
- Memory in Letters: The Epistolary Practice and Letter Collection of Lupus of Ferrières
- To Have and to Hold: Conversion, Genealogy, and Imperialist Aims in Les Enfances Renier
- Jewish Identity, al-Andalus, and Interfaith Communities: The Medieval Legacy of Islamic Spain
- Buttressing Our Souls for the Last Judgment: Female Artistic Patronage in a Navarrese Parish Church after 1348
- “An evill race”: Utopia, Spenser, and the Dangers of Cultural Hybridity
- Her Own Humor: Contrasting Philosophical Discourses of Femininity in Shakespeare’s Comedies of Humors
- Guido Reni’s Compendio: Disegno, Colore, and the Ideal Union of Art
Click here to purchase a printed volume
Subscriptions to Comitatus are $30 annually, plus $7.00 for domestic surface mail postage and/or $22.00 for international shipping.