A JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE STUDIES
Comitatus, published annually by the UCLA Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, publishes articles by graduate students and recent PhDs working in any field of medieval or Renaissance studies.
Comitatus is available through the Project MUSE online catalogue, beginning with Volume 33 (2002).
Volumes 1–32 are available through the California Digital Library.
Please direct your questions about submissions or subscriptions to Dr. Allison McCann, Publications Manager:
Volume 51 (2020)
Editor: Anne Le (European Languages and Transcultural Studies, UCLA)
Editorial Board: Robert Iafolla (History, UCLA), Richard Ibarra (History, UCLA), Misho Ishikawa (English, UCLA), Rhonda Sharrah (English, UCLA), Rachel Daphne Weiss (Art History, UCLA), Stanley Wu (English, UCLA)
Managing Editor: Allison McCann (Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, UCLA)
- “Dialogues with Ginnungagap: Norse Runestones in a Culture of Magic”
Andrea C. Snow
- “Autobiographical Perspective and Allegorical Conceptualization in Charles d’Orléans’s Poetry of Confinement and Captivity”
Anthony Nicolas Radoiu
- “Whence, Plain Style? Renaissance Monolingualism and the City”
- “The Triumphs of Petrarch at Hampton Court Palace: Weaving an Italian Iconography in a Netherlandish Tapestry”
Bryn Critz Schockmel
- “Sixteenth-Century Renaissance Utopianism: Conceptions of Ideal and Virtuous Governments in Gasparo Contarini’s Treatise on Venice and Thomas More’s Utopia”
- “Physical and Spiritual Conversion: Femininity and Religious Materiality in Three Early Modern English Plays”
Cody W. Krumrie
- “Spenser’s Colonialism and Shakespeare’s Critique: The “Irish Question” and the Nine Years War in The Faerie Queene and Troilus and Cressida”
- “Raphael on Trial: Digestive Ontology and Milton’s Absolution of God”
- Book Reviews
Subscriptions to Comitatus are $30 annually, plus $7.00 for domestic surface mail postage and/or $22.00 for international shipping.