Applications are now being accepted for LAMAR Summer Fellowships for 2020. The maximum amount of the LAMAR summer fellowship is $5000. Applications from LAMAR participants who have not previously benefitted from a LAMAR summer fellowship are particularly encouraged.
Eligibility: The award is open to UCLA graduate students who:
- Were enrolled in and received a passing grade in a LAMAR/CMRS Methodology Seminar or a LAMAR/CMRS Research Seminar in the last two academic years (2019-2020, 2018-19).
- Are working in the area(s) of late antique, Byzantine, medieval, Renaissance, or early modern (before 1675) studies.
Restrictions: Students may NOT have another form of summer 2020 support (e.g., GSRM, FLAS, etc.) of more than $3,000. If you have received funding in excess of $3,000 from another source, but still need additional summer funding, please send an inquiry via e-mail to Professor Zrinka Stahuljak (email@example.com) stating how much funding you have already been awarded and how much additional funding you still need.
The application should consist of:
- A letter of interest/research project, indicating the following:
- the most recent LAMAR seminar you were enrolled in and, if applicable, the history of your LAMAR courses;
- whether you have previously received LAMAR funds, when, and the amount;
- what other funding sources you pursued for summer 2020;
- your budget for summer 2020.
- A letter of recommendation from your faculty mentor or dissertation advisor in support of your summer project and confirming that you have not received any other substantial summer funding.
Submission: Your letter of interest and the faculty recommendation should be e-mailed to Prof. Zrinka Stahuljak at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is Friday, May 1, 2020.