Applications are now being accepted for CMRS Summer Fellowships for 2020. The maximum amount of a CMRS summer fellowship is $5000.
Eligibility: The award is open to UCLA graduate students who are working in the areas of late antique, Byzantine, medieval, Renaissance, and early modern (prior to 1670) studies.
Restrictions: Students may NOT have another form of summer 2020 support (e.g., GSRM, FLAS, etc.) of more than $3,000. If you have received funding in excess of $3,000 from another source, but still need additional summer funding, please send an inquiry via e-mail to Professor Zrinka Stahuljak (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating how much funding you have already been awarded and how much additional funding you still need.
The application should consist of:
- A letter of interest indicating the following:
- A description of your research project in the area of late antique, Byzantine, medieval, Renaissance, or early modern studies
- A list of any other funding sources you have pursued for summer 2020
- Your budget for summer 2020
2. A letter of recommendation from your faculty mentor or dissertation advisor in support of your summer project and confirming that you have not received any other substantial summer funding.
Submission: Your letter of interest and the faculty recommendation should be e-mailed to CMRS at email@example.com. The deadline for submission is Friday, May 1, 2020.