We welcome the Byzantine Studies Association of North America (BSANA) and participants to the 48th Annual Byzantine Studies conference at UCLA!
Click the registration button below to register to attend. In-person and By-Zoom-Only rates apply. Register before September 15 to take advantage of the early registration rates.
Most conference activities will take place at the Luskin Conference Center and Hotel on the UCLA campus. Hotel rooms are available for conference attendees at the Luskin and at the UCLA Guest House, which is also located on campus about a 15-minute walk from the Luskin. To receive the conference rate, be sure to use the hotel links from this website when reserving your room. Book your rooms early as space is limited. There are other hotels near the UCLA campus to choose from. Click on the Hotel Information button for complete information about finding accommodations.
Local Arrangements Committee
- Co-Chair: Sharon E. J. Gerstel, Professor of Byzantine Art & Archaeology, and Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture, UCLA
- Co-Chair: Zrinka Stahuljak, Professor of Comparative Literature and French, and Director of the CMRS Center for Early Global Studies, UCLA
- Galina Tirnanic, Chair, Associate Professor, Oakland University (Art History)
- Nicole Paxton Sullo, M. Seeger O’Boyle Postdoctoral Fellow, Princeton University (Art History)
- Luis Sales, Assistant Professor, Scripps College (Religion)
- Shaun Tougher, Professor, Cardiff University (History)
- Vessela Valiavitcharska, Associate Professor, University of Maryland, College Park (Literature)