CMRS-CEGS Graduate Student Summer Fellowships
Applications are now being accepted for CMRS-CEGS Summer Fellowships for 2022. The maximum amount that can be requested is $6,000. This funding can be used to support research/writing, study, or training in any area of late antique, Byzantine, medieval, Renaissance, and early modern (prior to 1670) studies, including activities such as language study, archival/library research, paleography training, unpaid archaeological work, unpaid internships in museums, libraries or digital projects in CMRS-CEGS related disciplines.
Eligibility: The award is open to UCLA graduate students who are working in the areas of late antique, Byzantine, medieval, Renaissance, and early modern (prior to 1670) studies.
Restrictions: Students may NOT have another form of summer 2022 support of more than $5,000. If you have received funding in excess of $5,000 from another source, but still need additional summer funding, please send an inquiry via e-mail to CMRS-CEGS Director Zrinka Stahuljak (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating how much funding you have already been awarded and how much additional funding you still need.
The application should consist of:
- A letter of interest including:
- Description of your research project or study in the area of late antique, Byzantine, medieval, Renaissance, or early modern studies that you plan to work on during the summer of 2022. Maximum 300 words.
- List of any other funding sources you have pursued for summer 2022
- Your budget for summer 2022 (include housing expenses as well as expenses related to research and study)
- A letter of recommendation from your dissertation advisor or another faculty mentor in support of your summer research or study plans
Submission: Your letter of interest and the faculty recommendation should be submitted online — follow this link.
The deadline for submission is Monday, May 16, 2022.