A JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE STUDIES
Comitatus, published annually by the UCLA Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, publishes articles by graduate students and recent PhDs working in any field of medieval or Renaissance studies.
Beginning with volume 33 (2002) Comitatus is available through the Project MUSE online catalogue.
Volumes 1–32 are available through the California Digital Library.
Volume 48 (2017)
Editor: Elizabeth Comuzzi (History, UCLA)
Editorial Board: Kersti Francis (English, UCLA), Andrew Hiltzik (Italian, UCLA), Robert Iafolla (History, UCLA), Richard Ibarra (History, UCLA), Cristina Politano (French and Francophone Studies, UCLA), Hannah Thomson (Art History, UCLA), Alexandra Verini (English, UCLA)
Managing Editor: Blair Sullivan (Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, UCLA)
Assistant Editor: Heather Sottong (Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, UCLA)
Table of Contents:
- Matthew Aiello, “(Re)Counting Rape In Alfred’s Domboc And Early English Law”
- Juliette Bourdier, “Travels Through The Dark Realms Of Medieval Clerical Fantasies: Sex And Erotica In The Infernal Testimony”
- Gillian Adler, “Canine Intercessors And Female Religious Metaphor In Sir Gowther“
- Elizabeth Light, “‘That Sche Schulde Not Etyn Alone’: Food, Community, And Authority In The Book Of Margery Kempe“
- Thandi Parker, “A Woman’s Role: How Scribes Depicted Women On The Fifteenth-Century Canterbury Roll”
- Shanelle E. Kim, “‘Armed To Point’: Sansfoy And Imagining The Orient In Book I Of Edmund Spenser’s The Faerie Queene“
- Elizabeth S. Lagresa-González, “Representing Power: The Tragicomic Performance Of Private And Public Selves In Lope De Vega’s El Castigo Sin Venganza‘
- Marta Celati, “Renaissance Conspiracies in Nineteenth-Century Italian Art: The Rediscovery of History between Literature and Visual Culture”
- Book Reviews
Purchase a volume or pay outstanding invoices online at https://commerce.cashnet.com/comitatus.
Subscriptions to Comitatus are $30 annually, plus $3.00 domestic surface mail postage and $7.00 international.
Direct your questions about submissions or subscriptions to Dr. Heather Sottong, Publications Manager:
310-825-1537 | firstname.lastname@example.org